Open Door has a few pastoral and non-partial couples that serve as Marriage Mentors. The goal of the Marriage Mentor program is to come alongside couples that are in crisis or just want help walking through marriages challenges. Our Mentor couples are well trained, have been married an average of 18 years, and have a heart to see marriages healed and transformed. If you'd like more information or want to participate in this 10-week course, drop Pastor Mike an e-mail.
As a church, we support and pray for a number of missionaries serving around the world. A significant percentage of our church budget goes to support our missionaries. We also encourage our people to personally connect with one or more of our missionaries, praying for them and supporting them financially.
In addition to global missions, we also support and connect with several local missions...
- Ark-La-Tex Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Hub: Urban Ministries
- Shreveport-Bossier Rescue Mission
Women's and Men's Ministries
- We have a vibrant Women's Ministry, which organizes an annual retreat in the spring, as well as regular events throughout the year to encourage women and help them connect in healthy ways.
- Our men also hold an annual retreat, usually in the fall, and meet quarterly for breakfast and prayer.
We have a growing and vibrant church Library full of many helpful materials:
- books for kids
- youth and adults
- historical and biblical fiction
- Bible study resources
- marriage and parenting resources
- Christian living and devotional books
- DVDs & videos for learning and enjoyment
The Library is open during regular church hours. Anyone with a church mailbox may check out materials. For more information, please stop by the Library or contact the church office.