Open Door Bible Church (ODBC) is currently seeking a bi-vocational Worship Leader. The Worship Leader will be responsible for directing the congregation in glorifying God in corporate worship through music. They would be responsible for overseeing the musical programs, recruiting/leading volunteers in the music ministry, and coordinating and planning production of worship services in partnership with the Church Elders. Open Door is looking for a faithful and equipped individual to serve Christ’s church in fulfilling the Greatest Commandment and Great Commission.
- Must profess Jesus Christ as their Savior and striving to walk in obedience to the Scripture.
- An authentic, personal, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Someone committed to Bible reading, study, prayer, corporate worship, and growing spiritually in all areas of their life.
- A leader with a deep theological understanding of the scriptures, agreeing with the ODBC Doctrinal Statement.
- A servant’s heart to counsel, equip, and lead people of different ages, backgrounds, and cultures with humility and compassion.
- A strong musician with vocal and instrumental ability.
- Strong technical skills and the ability to learn and adapt to different equipment and technology.
- Previous Music Ministry experience in a Christian church.
- Experience with technology related to congregational worship
- Join the membership of this church and agree to uphold our church’s Constitution, and statement of faith.
- Participate in all areas of congregational life in the church, including but not limited to fellowship, evangelism, and worship (i.e. Bible Studies, Small Groups, etc.) on regular basis.
- Leading congregational music through a theologically rich blend of the Psalms, traditional hymns, and contemporary hymns/songs
- Recruit and lead church musicians, singers, and choir, working in a supportive role with the Elders to nurture discipleship and worship and to provide leadership in music ministry (media, choir, instrumentals, etc.).
- Submit annual proposed budget to Finance Committee in October for following fiscal year with authority to spend approved budget toward music ministry expenses.
- Organize and plan production in conjunction with the Elders to provide information and materials to support congregational worship.
Open Door Bible Church will provide compensation, based on experience and qualifications.
If interested in this position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org